One hundred years on from World War One, some of the family names in Redruth first team are still associated with the Club today. According to a cutting from the West Briton, Mrs Lidgey, whose son Percy (middle row, second right) was listed as missing during the War, kept a light on the hall table and a key in the front door in case he returned. She continued this for many years at her home at 2, Chapel Terrace, South Downs.
Back row, from the left: Alf Watts, R. Carah, Jack Richards, W. Beard, G.R. Clemo, R. Jackett, A. Grantham, S. Clarnas.
Middle row: H Downing (secretary), H. Horn, Howard Gray, B. Smith, Bill Rich (Capt), S. J. Thomas, S. Whisford, Percy Lidgey, N. Rich.
Front row: Jim Tregellan, R. J. Martin.
Other players for the Reds in the 1913-14 season were Jas Soloman, W. Trethowan, Stapleton, A. Williams, W. Prisk and F.Williams.
Photograph courtesy Paddy Bradley